CHEMUNG COUNTY COMPOST FACILITY OPEN MAY 9, 2017
THE CHEMUNG COUNTY COMPOST FACILITY, LOCATED ON BLOSTEIN BLVD. IN HORSEHEADS WILL BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC ON TUESDAY, MAY 9, 2017. THIS SITE IS AVAILABLE FREE OF CHARGE FOR RESIDENTS OF CHEMUNG COUNTY FOR THE DISPOSAL OF YARD WASTE.
- The facility will be open every year from April through November (weather permitting).
- Operating hours are: Tuesday thru Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (except holidays) and
Saturdays 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
** Closed on Mondays for processing of materials.
- Please have valid driver's license or proof of residency to show the facility
- Material will be set aside for residents' use. Do not take material not labeled for
- Contractors and commercial enterprises cannot use the facility.
NO SMOKING NO CHAINSAWS OR POWER EQUIPTMENT
Yard Waste Accepted:
Tree limbs and branches
Flowers and garden vegetation
Items NOT Accepted:
Concrete, asphalt, or bricks
Rocks and boulders
NO GARBAGE OR TRASH
For more information, please call (607) 739-3896.
DIRECTIONS TO COMPOST FACILITY:
- Chemung St. in Hhds., (behind Grand Central Plaza)
- Turn onto Blostein Blvd.
- Past Cameron Mfg.
- Compost site is on the right